Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Remembering the good old times: Jakarta Toys & Comic Fair 2008









Wanna see a mature adult man gets excited? Probably you will see a lot of them in Jakarta Toys & Comic Fair.
If you were raised by cartoon video in home, you would probably remember those action figures such as Captain America, Centurion, Saint Seiya, and so many memorable cartoon figures.
For me, my memorable cartoon video would be japanese anime.
When first time heard about the fair, I was quite excited and anxious to know the situation inside the fair. On one saturday morning, I decide to go to the fair without knowing what situation I will face. After entered the Tennis Indoor Senayan main door and paid about Rp. 10K, I was faced by a big hall with lots of booth around the center.
During times, I never stopped amazed and my eyes never stopped to sparkle. Damned, those were my childhood memories time. You could lots of action figures from Saint Seiya up til Transformer. During my shockness, I stopped in one booth and can't believe that someone is selling old comics (Trigan, Storm, etc).
Believe me, one hour in the fair was quite shocking and memorable for me. I even could found the action figures from Shogun Getter and Grandizer, a rare japanese cartoon movie.
After calming myself, I started to think what toys that I could bring home with me. Well, price shows the rareness of something. Just see my pictures and figure out how much is the price of one toys.
In the end, I found one action figure which I thought would be quite rare with reasonable price. I finally bought a Gaiking action figure for Rp. 125K. (for those who don't know the anime, just google it)
I walked home with quite satisfied feeling, remembering the good old days in Jakarta Toys & Comic Fair, with Gaiking toys standing on my drawer.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yo, ini Dhieta gede.
HADUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUH, lagi discount gila-gilaan ya. Hiks, gue pengen Gaiking, Godsigma. ;_;
Btw, lo dapat kumpulan opening klip anime robot zaman dulu gak ? :D

Bandoro Rangga Dewanto said...

gak dapet dit...

gue udah cukup amazed begitu gue dateng ke sana..

Anonymous said...

Kalau lo mau, gue bisa burn klip itu sekalian MP3 anime robot zaman dulu ke CD untuk lo. ^__^

Bandoro Rangga Dewanto said...

boleh deh dit.

ada yang punya wonder 6 (kalau gak salah)?

Anonymous said...

Good post.