Friday, April 25, 2008

Sore: A wonderful musical journey






Having been reviewed 4.5 out of 5 stars from Rolling Stones Indonesia makes me wonder about their live performance. I heard their first album, and believe their music is impressive, refreshing, and out of mainstream line.

I had a chance to watch their live performance last night as a friend of mine offered me the ticket to their 2nd album launching party (Ports of Lima) in Kuningan.

After striving from Jakarta usual traffic, I finally got there. To tell you the truth is I never attend a party which has a good concept like last night party. Entering the hall with red carpet and served with free drinks, the party also has lounge with DJ playing before the show.

Walking through the auditorium also amazed me. They have a good representative hall with a good acoustic effect. I don’t think I’ve seen other place with this good acoustic effect in Jakarta.

Waiting for the band to perform their concert, one by one orchestra member enter the stage. Orchestra?? Yes, Sore also has an orchestra to support them. For those who are quite familiar with faces probably recognize that some of the orchestra players are Mela & Ricky from White Shoes & The Couples Company, also Indra Aziz from Souleh & Soulehah.

When Sore enters the stage and start their performance, I suddenly realize that all of the band player can sing, so they have 5 vocalists in the band. Another coincident (probably) from the band, three of five member are left handed. Reza Dwiputranto, lead guitar & vocal, plays normal setting guitar with left handed style (for those who has ever played guitar probably knows how hard it is to do that).

The performance was attractive, in one song Gusti Pramudya, drums & vocal, left his drum set and conduct the orchestra by him self. Visual also plays important for their performance, the background plays video clip with vintage style (you must be there to understand my feeling).

With 15 minutes break during the show, Sore also introduce their special guest, Mr. Rio Dalimunthe (if I’m not mistaken) from Tilman brothers. Tilman brothers probably the first Indonesian Band who played their performance overseas. Well, I haven’t been born yet, thus seeing Mr. Rio plays the guitar, I realize that this guy could be more famous than Elvis Presley.

Back with Sore, after performing most of their second album, Sore closed the encore performance with their hits from first album, No Fruits for Today, where we could see that Awan Garnida, bass & vocal, is a great performer with good sense of humor. He asked all the audience to sing along with them, but beforehand, he told the male audience to propose their girl during this song (and they ain’t playing back the song).

I left the auditorium with great feeling, can’t wait to hearing again their new CD, Ports of Lima.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

bandoro.. gw link yah blog lo :p

-ei-